Personalized Christmas Stockings: A Fun Holiday Tradition
Giving personalized Christmas stockings to your friends and family can be the start of a fun holiday tradition. While most people personalize their stockings with names, nicknames, or initials, there are many other ways to create unique stockings. For example:
- Choose a stocking in the recipient's favorite color, even if it's not the traditional red or green. A little girl would probably love a pink ballet slipper stocking with her name on it!
- Pick a design that fits the recipient's personality. Choose a fun, graphic pattern or a stocking featuring a favorite cartoon character for an active child. Pick a more elegant personalized stocking for a sophisticated businesswoman.
- Add pizzazz to a plain stocking by tying on small metal charms to represent the recipient's favorite hobbies or special interests. You can find a wide variety of charms at any craft store.
- Add the date that the stocking was purchased, a birth date, or a wedding date.
Places to Buy Stockings
While personalized Christmas stockings are a popular offering at local craft shows throughout the United States, you can also buy stockings online from the following websites:
- Aunt Joy's Stockings are handmade creations available in over 60 festive designs.
- The Holiday Stocking Company offers personalized Christmas stockings, as well as stockings for Hanukkah. The selection includes designs featuring dinosaurs, frogs, bees, and ladybugs.
- Personalized Products has inexpensive personalized Christmas stockings and Santa hats.
Making Personalized Stockings
While buying personalized Christmas stockings is easy and convenient, making your own stockings can be a fun way to get in the holiday spirit. If you're feeling creative, check out the following projects to learn how to make your own personalized Christmas stockings:
Stocking Stuffer Ideas
Once you've settled on the perfect personalized Christmas stocking, it's time to fill it with goodies. If you're tired of candy and looking for something with a bit more flair, try one of the following suggestions: