Get children involved in sending out the family's annual Christmas card by having them color the card itself. Not only is a personalized card more special than a generic store-bought card, but they are often more cost-effective. Saving money on both the card and ink is perfect for anyone who wants to celebrate frugal holidays.
Download Free Printable Coloring Christmas Cards
Download a free card featuring Santa with gift bag, wreath with candy canes, or Christmas tree with star and gifts to color at home. If you need help downloading these printables, check out these helpful tips.
Assemble crayons, markers, and colored pencils. Score the center of the paper horizontally to fold, and then color the picture. Print as many as you desire.
Online Holiday Coloring Cards
Allow children to help pick out the picture they will color. Find more pages for kids to color at these websites:
- Pastiche Family Portal Christmas Coloring Cards has four different cards to print and color: an angel, a wreath, a stocking, and some mistletoe.
- Activity Village Printable Christmas Cards to Color has 17 different cards ranging from snowy villages to carolers singing.
- BillyBear4Kids.Com Print & Send Greeting Cards offers three "you color" cards to choose from: Santa, a snowman, and a manger scene.
- Printfree.com Coloring Cards has six different cards to download and print, ranging from Santa to presents and ornaments.
Make Printable Coloring Christmas Cards
Create printable coloring Christmas cards at home by printing off Christmas pictures to color, cutting them out and gluing them to a construction paper card. You can also make them in the following way:
- Open a graphics or card-making program on your computer.
- Select the size of card desired.
- Type your text onto the front or interior of the card as desired. Try using a font that prints only the outlines of the word, or indicate that the color of the text should be white, outlined with black.
- Go to "Add Image" in the program. Select a holiday image from the program's provided clip art.
- Select "outline only" or "stroke" to outline the image and leave the interior blank.
- Print the card in black and white.
Children can personalize their printable Christmas cards by adding glitter, stickers, and photos to the card. Then, have them draw a similar-themed holiday item on the back of the envelope to tie the entire greeting card together.
Print Some Holiday Cheer
A hand-colored card makes a personal statement to anyone you mail it to. Print out some of these free cards to color, and add a little extra cheer to someone's Christmas mail.