Working on some Christmas crafts is a wonderful way to get into the holiday spirit. Put on some Christmas music, get out your scissors and other craft supplies, and start making decorations and other useful items from these free Christmas shape downloads.
Free Printable Christmas Shapes
All of the printables you see here are easy to download and print. If you need help downloading the printables, check out these helpful tips.
You can print on paper, but cardstock is sturdier and tends to be a bit more durable, especially if you plan to glue on some embellishments.
Once you print out these Christmas shapes, you can use them in a number of ways. Some of these projects would even be nice for children to make.
- Cut out the shapes and use them as patterns for clay, felt, or foam ornaments.
- Print them on pearlized cardstock, cut them out, and add other embellishments like glitter, sequins, seed beads, and ribbon, and then hang them on your tree.
- Create your own gift wrap using some of the basic shapes as stencils once they are cut out. Simply trace them onto plain white or brown paper, color, and wrap your gift.
- Use your cut outs as gift tags and embellishments on inexpensive gift bags.
- Decorate your cut outs and use them in your original Christmas card designs.
- Incorporate some of the shapes into your holiday scrapbook layouts.
- Make place cards for your holiday dinner table.
More Free Christmas Shapes
If you're still looking for more Christmas shapes, try one of these websites:
- Martha Stewart.com offers free printable templates that you can use to create a Christmas village.
- DLTK-Holidays.com offers a number of Christmas shape templates that you can download for free. You have the option to print one, two or four shapes per page, and their shapes include candle sticks, bells, gingerbread men, stars, and more.
- First Palette.com offers three different snowflake cut outs that you can download for free, as well as specific directions on how to fold and cut the patterns.
Fun for Kids and Adults
With so many cut outs available, adults and children can spend hours using their creativity to make dozens of homemade holiday decorations. Plan to start crafting early so you have enough time to complete all your projects in time for Christmas.