Original Christmas Stories
Looking for an original Christmas story that you can share with your family, friends or church. Try out this original and funny Christmas stories that leaves the reader with a lasting message or a giggle. To use these original stories, just click on the image and save or print. Use an Adobe guide if you have any issues with your printable.
This inspiring story examines a girls wish on Christmas. Her chance meeting with a grieving woman helps her Christmas prayers to come true.
Jeffery Learns a Lesson
Learn how a boy's misunderstanding has a whole family laughing on Christmas morning. Explore the impact that the Lord's words can have on one little boy.
Different Religious Christmas Stories
Christmas religious stories told from generation to generation sometimes evolve and change slightly as the years pass. Many though, stay the same. Whether you are looking to refresh your memory of an old religious story about Christmas you once heard, or learn a few new ones, there are plenty of stories from which to choose. Keep reading to learn about a few of them. Maybe you will find a new family favorite to include in your Christmas storytelling traditions.
General Christmas Religious Stories
The following religious stories are appropriate for people of all ages, though smaller children may have trouble with some of the bigger, philosophical concepts of the tales.
- Gabriel's Most Sensitive Mission - This story, written by Dr. Ralph Wilson, is about the angel Gabriel coming down from heaven to tell Mary that she was chosen to serve God by bearing his son.
- Shepherds, Angels and a Manger - A story about Passover.
- The Real St. Nick - A story about Saint Nicholas and his generosity.
- Christmas Travelers - A Christmas story about the three Wisemen.
- Little Piccola - This tells the story of little Piccola and her special Christmas present.
- The Other Wise Man - Learn about the other wise man that didn't make it to the birth of Christ.
Christmas Religious Stories for Children
If you want to share religious stories about Christmas that are easy for children to understand and grasp the basic concepts of kindness and generosity, take a look at the following list.
- A Christmas Star - Capture young children's attention with this sweet story about the star of Bethlehem.
- Little Gretchen and the Wooden Shoe - The tale is about the spirit of truly giving and at how any age, people can be selfless.
- The Voyage of the Wee Red Cap - This is about faith. Though the concept of faith is vast, The Voyage of the Wee Red Cap is told in a manner in which children can easily understand.
- The Shepherds and the Angels - A short story about the birth of Jesus Christ.
- A Story of the Christ Child - A story about a young Christ child who wanders through a village on Christmas Eve and blesses everyone who welcomes him into their homes.
- The Christmas Story - This tells the story of Jesus' birth with illustrations and easy to follow language for children.
Other Christmas Stories
Religious Christmas stories are a great way to share your faith and spend time with your family during the season. It's a way to sit down from all the crazy running around we all do during the holidays. When you are trying to decide which Christmas stories to share with your family, include a few traditional stories as well like Twas the Night Before Christmas, The Gift of the Maji and Yes Virginia, There is a Santa Claus. All Christmas stories, whether religious or not, are told in the spirit of the season, as they have been for generations.