Personalized Christmas Stockings: A Fun Holiday Tradition
Giving personalized Christmas stockings to your friends and family can be the start of a fun holiday tradition. While most people personalize their stockings with names, nicknames, or initials, there are many other ways to create unique stockings. For example:
- Choose a stocking in the recipient's favorite color, even if it's not the traditional red or green. A little girl would probably love a pink ballet slipper stocking with her name on it!
- Pick a design that fits the recipient's personality. Choose a fun, graphic pattern or a stocking featuring a favorite cartoon character for an active child. Pick a more elegant personalized stocking for a sophisticated businesswoman.
- Add pizzazz to a plain stocking by tying on small metal charms to represent the recipient's favorite hobbies or special interests. You can find a wide variety of charms at any craft store.
- Add the date that the stocking was purchased, a birth date, or a wedding date.
Places to Buy Stockings
While personalized Christmas stockings are a popular offering at local craft shows throughout the United States, you can also buy stockings online from the following websites:
- Aunt Joy's Stockings are handmade creations available in over 60 festive designs.
- The Holiday Stocking Company offers personalized Christmas stockings, as well as stockings for Hanukkah. The selection includes designs featuring dinosaurs, frogs, bees, and ladybugs.
- Personalized Products has inexpensive personalized Christmas stockings and Santa hats.
Making Personalized Stockings
While buying personalized Christmas stockings is easy and convenient, making your own stockings can be a fun way to get in the holiday spirit. If you're feeling creative, check out the following projects to learn how to make your own personalized Christmas stockings:
- Free Christmas Stocking Patterns
- Needlepoint Christmas Stocking
Stocking Stuffer Ideas
Once you've settled on the perfect personalized Christmas stocking, it's time to fill it with goodies. If you're tired of candy and looking for something with a bit more flair, try one of the following suggestions: