Many people choose to send out droves of Christmas cards during the holiday season. The art of sending well wishes and cheer via Christmas cards is a classic tradition, but it can become an expensive and tedious one. Cut down on costs and infuse your holiday card with personalization by using printable Christmas cards instead of store-bought ones.
Download Free Printable Coloring Christmas Cards
Download a free card featuring Santa with his gift bag, a wreath with candy canes, or a Christmas tree and gifts to color at home. If you need help downloading these printables, check out these helpful tips.
Assemble crayons, markers, and colored pencils to help bring your card to life. Score the center of the paper horizontally to fold, and then color the picture. Print as many cards as you desire and get the kids in on the action to help you color your holiday masterpieces.
Online Holiday Coloring Cards
Kids love Christmas, and they love to color. Combine these two childhood loves by allowing children to help pick out printable holiday pictures to color for their family and friends. Find more pages for kids to color at these websites:
- Pastiche Family Portal Christmas Coloring Cards has four different cards to print and color: an angel, a wreath, a stocking, and some mistletoe.
- Activity Village Printable Christmas Cards to Color has 17 different cards ranging from snowy villages to carolers singing.
- Got Free Cards contains numerous holiday designs that kids can pick, print, and color.
- Printfree.com Coloring Cards has six different cards to download and print, ranging from Santa to presents and ornaments.
Make Printable Coloring Christmas Cards
Create unique printable coloring Christmas cards at home. Print off Christmas pictures to color. Add design to the images, cut them out, and glue them onto a construction paper card. You can also make them in the following way:
- Open a graphics or card-making program on your computer.
- Select the size of card desired.
- Type your text onto the front or interior of the card as desired. Try using a font that prints only the outlines of the word, or indicates that the color of the text should be white, outlined with black. This way, you can add colors of your choosing to the words once the card is printed.
- Go to "Add Image" in the program. Select a holiday image from the program's provided clip art.
- Select "outline only" or "stroke" to outline the image and leave the interior blank.
- Print the card in black and white.
Children can personalize their printable Christmas cards by adding glitter, stickers, and photos to the card. Once they complete their holiday greeting card, have them draw a similar-themed holiday item on the back of the envelope to tie the entire greeting card together. Family and friends will be all smiles when they open a card that was made with such thoughtfulness and love.
Print Some Holiday Cheer
A hand-colored card makes a personal statement to anyone you mail it to and is a fun and worthwhile activity for the entire family to take part in. Print out a good variety of these free cards to color, and add a little extra cheer to someone's Christmas mail.