A rotating Christmas tree stand can add a lovely effect to a beautifully decorated Christmas tree. A revolving stand can highlight stunning glass Christmas ornaments or vintage Christmas ornaments that deserve flaunting and add an elegant, unique touch to your Christmas décor. The best one for you will depend on your tree size, needs, and preferences.
Best Affordable Rotating Tree Stand
If you're looking for a good quality rotating tree stand at an affordable price point, the Ideal Revolving Tree Stand for artificial trees (available for just under $40 at Home Depot) is an option to consider.
The features of the Ideal Revolving Tree Stand include:
- Supports trees up to 8 feet
- Accommodates up to 100 pounds
- 360 degree spin, with one rotation every 45 seconds
- Fits trees with 1.25 inch diameter poles
- Can be used with up to 875 mini lights
- Steel construction with green powder-coated finish
- Returnable within 90 days if not satisfied
Pros and Cons
Reviewers on Home Depot's website give this model an average of 4.3 out of five stars. Satisfied customers praise it for its smooth movement that is a big plus over some options with jerky rotations. It also gets top marks for being sturdy and heavy duty, easy to assemble, and quiet during operation. Most felt it was a good buy for the cost. On the downside, this tree stand does not come with an on/off switch; if you want to stop the rotation, you'll need to unplug the unit.
Best Revolving Stand for Multiple Tree Sizes
Those looking for a rotating tree stand that offers versatility in terms of artificial tree size may want to look into the Home Heritage Revolving Tree Stand (available at Hobby Lobby for about $60). Hobby Lobby often advertises 40 percent off coupons, so you may be able to get it for significantly less with a coupon.
The Home Heritage model stands out for several reasons. While its price point is a bit higher than the Ideal option, you'll get the following benefits:
- Accommodates standard 1.25 inch diameter poles, but includes adapters to fit 1 inch and 1.5 inch poles as well
- Supports trees up to 9 feet
- Holds up to 90 pounds
- Operates with a 360 degree rotation in either forward or reverse
- Metal construction with black finish and plastic motor housing
- Includes two power sockets and spare fuse
- Includes convenient on/off switch
- 30-day warranty
Pros and Cons
Reviewers on Amazon.com give this model a solid 4 out of 5 star average. Many praise it for being easy to assemble, versatility for different tree options, and lightweight but sturdy construction. Many also felt it was easy to put together and appreciated the fact it has an on/off switch. A few reviewers, however, felt that the stability could be improved. A few were also disappointed that despite the mostly metal construction, the motor housing was designed with plastic.
Best Rotating Stand for Multiple Lights
If you love adorning your Christmas tree with tons of lights, the Home Logic EZ Rotate Christmas Tree Stand might be a great choice. This model, available at Walmart for about $105, stands out for its lighting capacity, but has numerous other advantages as well.
The EZ Rotate Tree Stand includes features such as:
- Ability to support up to 2000 mini lights
- Plugs for lights built directly into the tree stand
- Full 360 rotation, with a full rotation once per minute
- Accommodates up to 8.5 feet
- Supports up to 150 pounds
- Sizes for artificial trees poles of 2.25 inches in diameter
- Includes two switches, one for the lights and one for rotating
- 5-year guarantee
Pros and Cons
Although this is not the least-expensive option, it has a number of aspects that make it a top options, such as the large amount of lights is supports. Reviewers on Walmart.com give it a 4.5 out of 5 star average, and cite the smart design, sturdy construction, and high quality as reasons to give the product high marks. In addition, some reviewers state that they have had the product for years and used it without any issues, so longevity is a bonus. Cons include not being able to fit large presents under the tree and not being able to properly fit a tree skirt around the stand due to its size. A few customers also had some trouble fitting the pole into the stand.
Best Decorative Rotating Christmas Tree Stand
A top option for a luxury revolving Christmas tree stand, the Deluxe Gold Revolving Artificial Tree Stand stands out for its beautiful gold decorative design, as well as other benefits that make it a best pick in rotating tree stands. You can find it at American Sale for about $160.
Features of the Deluxe Gold tree stand include:
- Beautiful gold design that includes gold metal scrolls and delicate Christmas artwork on the base
- Rotates 360 degrees in forward or reverse
- Supports trees up to 9 feet tall
- Accommodates up to 120 pounds
- Includes adapters for four tree sizes between 1 inch and 1.75 inches in diameter
- Can be used with up to 1800 mini lights
- Includes two power sockets for lights
- Comes with an on/off switch for rotation
Pros and Cons
Reviewers on Frontgate give the Golden Deluxe stand a 4.3 out of 5 star average, with many customers complimenting the stand for being well-made, attractive, and done in a high quality design. It also gets points for being easy to set up, being versatile enough to support four pole sizes, and can be used with many lights. Its decorative design also doesn't require a tree skirt. However, some noted that there was some noise during operation, and other reviewers felt that the rotation could be more smooth.
Best Musical Revolving Tree Stand
For an ultra-festive touch to your tree this season, a revolving musical tree stand might be in order. The Vickerman Musical Rotating Artificial Tree Stand (available at Christmas Central for just over $70) has a host of features along with having the special touch of playing music while it rotates.
- The Vickerman Musical Tree Stand has several aspects that make it stand out, including:
- Musical rotation option that plays Merry Christmas, Jungle Bells, and Silent Night
- Can complete a 360 degree rotation with or without the music
- Use with trees up to 7.5 feet
- Can support up to 75 pounds
- Tangle-free cord design
- Accommodates artificial trees with 1.25 inch diameter poles
- Green metal finish
- 1-year warranty
Pros and Cons
There are several reasons to consider the Vickerman musical tree stand as an option. Other musical tree designs may only go 150 degrees right or left, but this model makes a complete 360 rotation allowing you to show off all your ornaments. The fact that is can be used either with or without the music is also a plus, and the 1-year warranty can help give you peace of mind. However, with its 7.5 feet/75 pound maximums, it won't accommodate larger or heavier trees.
Tips for Using Your Revolving Christmas Tree Stand
Using a rotating stand has many benefits, allowing you to create a special atmosphere and showcase your ornaments to their fullest. A few tips can help you make the most of your tree.
Best With Artificial Trees
The above options for roating tree stands are for artificial trees. Artificial trees are recommended since there can be variations with live trees, issues with needles when rotating, and water requirements are involved. There are also very limited options for models designed to be used with live trees (though a Rotating Stand for Live Trees from Northlight is available for about $35).
A few safety considerations can ensure you can enjoy your tree with peace of mind.
- Though rotating trees are a wonderful option, they may not be right for everyone. Even though most models are made with non-tip designs, if you have large or curious pets that are likely to jump or claw at the rotating tree, you may want to consider a stationary style.
- Similarly, if you have young children that might try to grab at the tree while it's rotating, you may want to wait on a revolving option.
- Be sure to place your tree where it will not be too close to draperies or other interior items that could catch on the rotating mechanism during use.
- Always make sure that the motor is turned off or unplugged before leaving the house.
- Ensure the pole size is correct for your stand, and it is securely placed.
- Keep in mind that the max weight includes the tree itself and all decorations, ornaments, and lights.
Consider the best placement for your tree to maximize its effect. Although many traditional trees are placed in corners, you may want to rethink your placement of the tree since it will be rotating.
- You may want to set the tree up in front of a street facing window, so cars and carolers can see the decorations.
- If you have the space, setting up the tree in the center of the room can create a strong visual impact.
- If you have a large foyer, setting a tree there will create a stunning entrance for visitors.
- Set up the tree in front of a wall that serves as a focal point in your living room where everyone can enjoy its beauty.
Skirts and Stand Decor
Depending on the design you choose, you may or may not need a tree skirt or other decor around the stand. A decorative designs, such as the Gold Deluxe option above, eliminates the need for a skirt. If you have a standard green or black stand, however, you'll likely need to use a skirt or decor.
- Make sure the skirt does not interfere with the rotating mechanism when you place it around the tree.
- Depending on your stand, you may need an oversize skirt or need to use two skirts draped around the stand to cover it fully. Or, create your own Christmas tree skirt.
- In lieu of skirt, you could also consider a faux present or tree box design around the stand.
Highlight Tree Decorations
A rotating stand offers consumers an innovate way to highlight Christmas tree decorations. Often, ornaments that are in the back of the tree are not seen everyone who admires the tree. Consider these Christmas decoration ideas for using a rotating stand:
- Ensure your tree is decorated equally all around so ornaments are balanced and there are no bare spots.
- If you have several types of ornaments, spread them evenly throughout so one area isn't clustered with the same designs.
- For a truly whimsical effect, hang special ornaments with rotating hangers and then placing the tree on a revolving stand.
- Aluminum Christmas trees create a dazzling display on a rotating stand. Use a color wheel spotlights to create a glittering, spinning tree. Do not use light strings with aluminum trees, as they pose a fire hazard.
- Consider a themed Christmas tree to make your display extra special.
A Beautiful and Elegant Tree
When you choose a rotating or revolving stand, you are choosing an elegant look that takes your tree to another level. Those these revolving stands first gained popularity during the 1950s, todays versions have enhanced features that can give you a stunning, safe design that will take everyone's breath away this holiday season.