Black, though not traditionally thought of as a Christmas color, is the newest trend in holiday décor. Decorate your tree and deck your halls with all-black ornaments that go beyond classic shapes.
Classic Black Tree Ornament Options
Whether you decorating a white tree or a traditional green one, these black ornaments will look amazing. Select a traditional shape or design for your tree.
- Chalkboard ornament - This 7-inch metal chalkboard ornament is ready for your personalized message. The price is just over $8. Use these to create personalized ornaments for family and friends or to display the year.
- Shatterproof ball set - The eight black ball ornaments in this set are shatterproof and come in shiny and sparkling finishes. The set is under $5. These ornaments would look great on a white flocked Christmas tree, mixed with both black and white ornaments.
- Rustic tin barn star - If you have a rustic décor, this tin barn star will be the perfect addition. The star would be perfect on an all black tree, with a red and black buffalo plaid, or cabin-themed tree. However, it's simple and classic, so would fit into almost any style.
- Black vintage customizable ceramic ornament - Choose from five different shapes including a heart, square, round circle, and star. The background of the ornament is black with a lace-like quality. Best of all, you can personalize this ornament. The cost is under $25.
- Miniature black lanterns - This set of two 1-inch lantern ornaments is appropriate for a black stylized decor scheme. The price is around $2.50. Each lantern has a unique design, but both would look nice with a vintage style tree.
Ornaments for Themed Trees
If you have a themed Christmas tree and holiday décor scheme, you'll want ornaments to match. Some might have a hint of color here and there, depending on the item depicted, but they all feature black prominently.
- Black grand piano - If you have a pianist or want to add a classy touch to your tree, this grand piano ornament to your tree or wreath. The ornament is 3 inches wide and costs around $11. It works perfectly if you have a musical decorating scheme.
- Black mustache - Pop-culture themed trees will be enhanced with this whimsical mustache ornament. For under $8, you can adorn your tree with this trendy icon.
- Nativity silhouette - This nativity ornament is a perfect way to celebrate the birth of Christ and fits right into a religiously themed tree. At less than $4, you can pick up several.
- Primitive faux carved crow - Set a Gothic-themed tree apart with a few crows inspired by Edgar Allan Poe's The Raven. It's an affordable option at less than $7.
- Motorcycle - Toughen up your tree with a black and silver motorcycle. It's perfect for a biker tree or vehicle-themed tree. It runs about $14.
- Steam engine - Trains have a place in Christmas decorations, and can be part of a toy or vehicle-themed tree. Add this black engine to your tree for about $20.
Decorate Your Home With Black Ornaments
Complement your black Christmas tree ornaments with matching wall and tabletop décor. These are options that can make a statement no matter where you place them.
- Christmas wall ornament decals - These large (46"H x 43" W) wall decals include six round ornaments. Three larger ornaments feature white patterns (church, snowflakes, and white stripes/stars) and the three smaller ornaments are solid black. The cost is just under $35. Put them behind a couch or in the entryway to make decorating easy.
- Swirl drop - This 8-inch glitter, swirl drop black and white swirl ornament would be ideal dangling from an ornament holder on a mantle. The cost for this large ornament is about $19.
- Waterford pearls and lace ball ornament - The beautiful round ornament features a black background with intricate lace detailing. It dangles from a ribbon with the "Waterford" name on it. This item would be ideal for a table centerpiece or displayed with other luxury ornaments on a mantle. The price is $60, and the ornament could also make a wonderful gift for someone special.
- Retro reflector shatterproof ball - This ornament is 8 inches and is around $10. Those cool old reflector balls that dangled on your childhood tree are back, with an updated black look. The ornament is beautiful enough to be highlighted in a display of other retro and vintage ornaments on an end table, rather than used with other ornaments on a tree.
- Antique black barn star - This 24-inch diameter barn star is the perfect wall ornament for a classic country Christmas. It features a distressed matte black finish and has a pre-drilled hole so you can add a hook, ribbon, or hanger. The item costs just under $30.
- Vickerman Christmas tree drop ornament - This 13-inch chrome, black, and zebra stripped drop shaped ornament is large enough to stand alone and command an audience. It's the perfect accent piece for a tablescape. At under $9, this piece is affordable and is shatterproof.
- Black and white bow ornaments - If you're decorating with black and white, you can add this homespun-looking ornament to your home for under $5. While this could be used on a tree, it would also look nice dangling from a ribbon in front of a window to create a festive look.
Create Your Own
Consider creating your own black ornaments. Use free Christmas ornament patterns with black materials to transform them into your own unique design.