Sprinkle some festive fun into the holiday season with giggle-worthy sayings. Work funny Christmas sayings into your Christmas cards and your holiday gatherings to increase everyone's joyfulness.
Cute Christmas Sayings for a Significant Other
The holidays are a wonderful time to tell the special person in your life that you think they are the greatest gift ever! These sweet and silly sayings are perfect sentiments to send to the object of your affection.
- I need no angel on my tree because I have you!
- All I want for Christmas is YOU (and maybe a Louis Vuitton bag!)
- Your two front teeth are overrated. You are a much better Christmas gift. Merthy Chrisstmasss.
- This year I am giving you the ultimate gift... which is clearly another year with me!
- Christmas cuddles are the best until your feet touch my leg.
- Spread your Christmas cheer my way, honey, then go on back to your side of the bed!
- Ho, Ho, HOPE it's you who is waiting under the Christmas tree on December 25th.
- Baby, when it comes to gifts, you really are the complete package.
- Be nice and put me on your naughty list.
- Come on, baby, light my fire (like literally... and bring me cocoa, rub my feet, and pop a Christmas movie in.)
- If a fat man in a red suit stuffs you in a bag, don't be alarmed. You're what I wanted for Christmas.
- Thanks for always putting up with Grinchy me, babe. You are the best!
- You are one gift I will never want to exchange.
Humorous Christmas Wishes for Friends
Comparing your friends to fruit cakes or Christmas lights is guaranteed to be a laugh. Find the best holiday saying to share with your good-natured group of friends.
- This Christmas, I wanted to get you something amazing, but I figured my friendship was probably enough.
- Let's celebrate the holidays with so much red and white... wine, that is.
- I didn't give you fruitcake or socks for Christmas, so never question my friendship or love for you.
- Go wild and party through the holiday season! I'll be waiting to drive the escape sleigh for you.
- May your egg nog be strong enough to dull the Christmas fights, the in-law snarks, and the holiday chaos coming your way.
- With a friend like you, who even needs a gift?
- You're the nut in my fruit cake, but I wouldn't have it any other way.
- Cheers to the only people I want to be weird with at holiday parties.
- You pass the cookies; I'll pour the drinks. We really are a perfect holiday pair.
- We will get through the holiday madness together. Just you, me, and a lot of mimosas.
- Buddy, this Christmas season, I'll wish you the greatest gift of all: short shopping lines and open registers. You're welcome.
- Friends are like Christmas lights. Some are dim, some don't work, and some outshine all the rest, yet somehow they still work together to light up the tree.
- May your 12 days of Christmas be full of chocolate and diamonds. Who wants French hens or a pear tree, anyway?
Funny Christmas Wishes for Grandparents
Just because your grandparents are older doesn't mean they won't enjoy a good laugh. Try a few of these funnies on their presents or card to get them chuckling.
- I know this card is making you smile. But watch out for reindeer. Seriously, I heard a Grandma got run over. Have a Merry Christmas.
- All I want for Christmas is your happiness… and presents. Don't forget the presents.
- If Santa doesn't bring me what I want, I know just who to go to... Grandma!
- Napping on Christmas morning while not spilling a drop of coffee in the mug is a true skill. And you are a master.
- Grandparents are like fruit cakes. You never really know how old they are, but they are always sweet. Have a Merry Christmas.
- Granny, you deserve the most special gift this Christmas season... Tada! Here I am!
- No one does Christmas like Grammy. She cooks, decorates, crafts, and shows Santa what's up when it comes to presents.
- On this Christmas, I want to say I love you more than presents. And you know how much I love presents. Have a wonderful Christmas.
- Who needs Santa when I have you? Remember, I've been really good this year. Don't listen to the guy in the red suit. He's a total liar.
- Roses and red, violets are blue, nobody rocks a senior discount during the holidays better than you!
Laughable Christmas Sayings for Kids
Kids and smiles are what Christmas is all about. Share the joy of the season with them with a few good Christmas sayings. It's a great way to end out an interactive Christmas card.
- It's all fun and games until Santa has you on the naughty list.
- Sam was bad. Sam got on the naughty list. Don't be like Sam. Christmas words to live by.
- Remember, don't sniff Batman, and watch out for Robin's egg if you hear any jingling bells.
- Is pulling your sister/brother's hair really worth coal? Think about it.
- Everyone talks about the magic of Christmas, but we both know the real star is the presents. May yours be bountiful.
- Let's hope that Santa leaves presents, but the reindeer don't. Merry Christmas.
- All we parents want for Christmas is a Silent Night!
- 365 days of yelling, "Santa is watching!" May the odds be ever in your favor.
- Happy holidays to my kids. Enjoy the season, but don't make me go all grinch on your behinds.
- Merry Christmas, kids! But first...mommy/daddy needs coffee.
Comical Christmas Wishes for Coworkers
You spend more time with your co-workers than you do with your own family. Many of them become your closest friends, your confidants, and the people you turn to in times of need. Celebrate the season with your work pals and send season's greetings with these smile-inducing sayings.
- This year I wish you a Christmas break. Presents are cool and all, but you truly deserve a rest.
- Do you know why Santa's so jolly? He only works one day a year. We need to talk to HR about upping our happiness level.
- Naughty doesn't appear to be on the HR Christmas acceptable word list. So, we are just going to say you were nice-ish this year.
- Cheers to another year of awkwardly hanging out together at the company Christmas party. There is no one I would rather do that day with than you.
- As your work bestie, I promise to bring you holiday treats from the staff lounge. Never question my loyalty.
- Hoping your holiday break from work is restful, but you have kids, so I know this is merely a Christmas wish that will never come true.
- Eat, drink and be merry this Christmas. Guilt is what New Year's resolutions are for.
- "What I don't like about office Christmas parties is looking for a job the next day." - Phyllis Diller
Funny Celebrity Christmas Quotes
These famous faces have managed to spread Christmas cheer and laughter to the world with these witty holiday sayings.
- "Next to a circus, there ain't nothing that packs up and tears out faster than the Christmas spirit." - Kin Hubbard
- "We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup." -Buddy the Elf, played by actor Will Ferrell
- "The worst gift is a fruitcake. There is only one fruitcake in the entire world, and people keep sending it to each other." - Johnny Carson
- "Santa Claus had the right idea. Visit people only once a year." - Victor Borge
"A Christmas miracle is when your family doesn't get into a single argument all day." - Melanie White
"You know you're getting old when Santa starts looking younger." - Robert Paul
Fun Christmas Sayings
The Christmas card is perhaps the best place to use the funny Christmas sayings you come up with or find. However, you can also use them online, as your Facebook status update, Twitter update, or even your e-mail signature. Keep a journal with the Christmas sayings so that when the season gets to be too much, you can read through your favorites and finish the day with a smile. They are also good for helping to cheer up loved ones when they have the Christmas blues.